Lead HIV Technical (Key Populations)
We are looking for a leader with significant experience and technical knowledge of programming for men who have sex with men, transgender people or sex workers who can drive our work among key populations to the next level.
The Alliance is motivated by the belief that key populations are central to the HIV response. We have built our reputation on bringing this to life through community action.
We are looking for a strategic leader who is able to put their principles into practice and inspire genuine enthusiasm & passion among colleagues across the world, including with key population-led organisations and networks.
As a Lead in the organisation you will act as a role model, creating an environment of openness & trust, and celebrating the successes of others. You will be committed to fostering a high performance culture, and will delegate thoughtfully to give colleagues real accountability & authority. You will be comfortable managing in a matrix management environment.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The organisation is implementing a significant change programme and in this role you will be fundamental to the continuing success of this programme, providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfil its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
The role will:
- Provide technical input and leadership to a portfolio of projects that increase the coverage, scope and quality of key population (men who have sex with men, transgender people or sex workers) HIV programmes.
- Promote best practice and drive innovation in collaboration with Alliance partners (including Linking Organisations) who lead on key population programming.
- Lead and shape the Alliance’s external technical engagement in global technical fora related to key population programming, and coordinate with colleagues from across the Alliance on external engagement.
- Oversee the transfer of knowledge and support amongst and between partners (including Linking Organisations) in order to build a strong Alliance partnership that is evidence based and accountable to communities.
- Coordinate and link the analysis and synthesis of Alliance learning, knowledge and research in order to develop high quality programming, contribute to proposal development and influence policy positions in the field of HIV prevention, treatment and care with key populations.
- Provide effective people management, ensuring individual objectives align with the Alliance’s organisational strategy; coaching and supporting staff to reach their full potential.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
For further details on our work with key populations please follow this link.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title. Please state your preferred location and salary expectaions on your cover letter. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.
Qualified people living with HIV, and from among Key populations are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.