Senior Advisor: Funding and Influence
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance works with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights. Our vision is a world without AIDS. Since 1994, the Alliance and its partners have supported over 3,000 projects, in over 40 countries, reaching millions of people.
We are seeking an experienced and driven Senior Advisor: Funding and Influence to work on new programme development in order to increase and diversify the funding base for relevant West, Central and North African countries, and to implement the advocacy priorities of the Alliance in the WCNA region.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The organisation has implemented a significant organisational change programme and in this role you will be fundamental to the continuing success of this programme, providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment. The successful candidate will also have proven experience of developing donor relationships and strategic partnerships in Africa. You will be required to support advocacy initiatives and to network, advocate and represent the Alliance externally. Strong spoken and written language skills in both English and French are essential requirements.
The role will:
- Identify and respond to new opportunities from donors in the region working closely with the institutional funding team of the Alliance Secretariat, country partners, senior management and external consultants as required to develop high quality funding applications. This includes bid coordination, lead-writing, developing budgets, log frames and theories of change in accordance with donor guidelines.
- Provide expertise to support the development of resource mobilisation capacity in country. Take leadership in developing donor strategies for assigned key Alliance institutional donors and tracking new policies, political changes, and funding trends for each assigned donor.
- Build strong and effective relationships with a number of the Alliance's key institutional donors and other strategic stakeholders (civil society coalitions, key populations networks, UN agencies, international NGOs) in the region in order to secure and grow Alliance income from these donors, influence policy changes and implement advocacy strategies. Advocate the mission, goals and strategies of the International HIV/AIDS Allliance to, and influence the policy and practice of, a range of target audiences and institutions in the regions.
- To guide Alliance colleagues and Linking Organisations to successfully respond to funding opportunities and to secure and diversify their funding base, and work to build relationships with potential donors and access funding.
- Contribute to the development of the Alliance culture.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.