Senior Advisor: Policy and Government Affairs (UK)
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Advisor: Policy and Government Affairs (UK) to join us to strategise, co-ordinate and deliver key elements of the Alliance’s Sustainable Development Goals effort.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The organisation has implemented a significant organisational change programme and in this role you will be fundamental to the continuing success of this programme, providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and will challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment
The role will:
- Strategise, coordinate and deliver key elements of the Alliance’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) effort, with a special focus on strategic government engagement. This includes: leading annual plans, Theory of Change, reviews and regular Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) reporting on our SDG positions and engagement work;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policy and advocacy initiatives and activities towards the achievement of the Alliance organizational strategy. Keep abreast of policy developments and engage in the global and national policy and programming dialogue on SDGs, health, HIV, and gender.
- Build, maintain and motivate Parliamentary Friends of the Alliance to achieve the overall UK Government Sustainable Development Goals;
- Ensure Alliance SDG policy and advocacy positions are well developed, targeted, and disseminated, including through: identifying opportunities to influence global and strategic government policy processes affecting the global HIV response; gathering evidence and share lessons across the Alliance, in particular working with Linking Organisations and identifying stories and case studies that can be utilised within the international policy arena and in Alliance external communication and policy briefings;
- Contribute to the development of the Alliance culture.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.