Head: New Markets
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The organisation is implementing a significant change programme and in this role you will be fundamental to the success of this programme, providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are an inspirational manager who inspires genuine enthusiasm and passion in others, by bringing the Alliance’s strategy to life. You act as a role model, creating an environment of openness and trust, and celebrate the successes of others. You are committed to fostering a high performance culture, and will delegate thoughtfully to give colleagues real accountability and authority. You are comfortable managing in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Design, support and delivery strategies to develop new income streams and partnerships for the Secretariat and for Alliance Linking Organisations in order to achieve income targets.
• Lead the New Markets cluster to cultivate, steward and manage the acquisition of funding and principle gifts from corporates, high net worth individuals and the general public through direct solicitation and fundraising campaigns which align donor interests with the strategic objectives of the Alliance.
• Lead the New Markets cluster to design, market and deliver technical support and capacity development services to civil society organisations and governments in order to contribute to a sustainable civil society response to HIV, whilst also generating a sustained income stream for the Secretariat and Linking Organisations in line with the strategic objectives of the Alliance.
• Coach and support your people to reach their full potential. Manage performance and develop talent with the cluster and across the organisation. Demonstrate a strong commitment to working in a matrixed, networked organisation that ensures accountability at all levels, including through connecting with civil society organisations across the Alliance partnership.
• Contribute to the development of the Alliance culture.
• Set a good example for others, shows consistency in words and actions, learn from personal and organisational experience, strive for self-improvement, earns the trust and respect of management, colleagues and partner organisations, and treats others with respect.
Please download the job description and person specification below for full details of the role.
How to apply
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter outlining how you meet with criteria of the job description and person specification. Please email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should include the job title.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application form. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.