Lead : Global Fund
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance works with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights. Our vision is a world without AIDS. Since 1994, the Alliance and its partners have supported over 3,000 projects, in over 40 countries, reaching millions of people.
We are seeking an experienced and driven Lead: Global Fund to join us to lead and develop the Alliances Global Fund Strategy. The successful candidate will lead and co-ordinate the Alliance’s strategic policy position and technical engagement in relevant global and regional fora, and oversee systems for effective management of the Alliance portfolio.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The organisation has implemented a significant organisational change programme and in this role you will be fundamental to the continuing success of this programme, providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are an inspirational manager who inspires genuine enthusiasm and passion in others, by bringing the Alliance’s strategy to life. You act as a role model, creating an environment of openness and trust, and celebrates the successes of others. You are committed to fostering a high performance culture, and will delegate thoughtfully to give colleagues real accountability and authority. You are comfortable managing in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
- Lead and develop the Alliances Global Fund strategy and manage related projects/teams that contribute to the Knowledge and Influence and Programmes Pillar with a specific focus on positioning the Alliance on and engaging within the Global Fund architecture and with technical partners.
- Develop and oversee systems for effective management of the Alliance portfolio: monitoring implementation of grants (including the support provided by the Alliance), through the process of the concept note development, regional proposals, Principal/Sub-Recipient management, Country Co-ordinating Mechanism/governance, risk management, grant negotiations, disbursement cycles, and grant assessments and improvements; engagement and participation of Alliance representation on relevant governance and/or influence structures
- Lead and co-ordinate the Alliance’s strategic policy positions and technical engagement in relevant global and regional fora, and in particular those related to the Global Fund/PEPFAR; networking with our priority external strategic partners.
- Participate and lead in activities across functions and projects within the Alliance’s matrix way of working.
- Coach and support your people to reach their full potential. Manage performance and develop talent within the Cluster and across the organisation. Demonstrate a strong commitment to working in a matrixed, networked organisation that ensures accountability at all levels, including through connecting with civil society organisations across the Alliance partnership.
- Contribute to the development of the Alliance culture
Please download the job description and person specification below for full details of the role.
How to apply
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter outlining how you meet with criteria of the job description and person specification. Please email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should include the job title.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application form. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.