Advisor: Trusts and Foundations
This role is primarily concerned with successfully generating new income for the Alliance from a range of grant making trusts and foundations (worldwide), as well as developing and maintaining relationships with a number of key donors in your own portfolio.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. In this role you will be providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and will challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Identify and research a range of grant making trusts and foundations, and scope existing funding opportunities.
• Help develop a wide range of tailored proposals to successfully generate new income for the Alliance.
• Develop and maintain relationships with donors within your own portfolio, coordinating technical donor reporting and recording information within our relationship management systems (via Salesforce, the Alliance CRM).
• Represent the organisation within the fundraising profession and at external networking events.
• Provide additional support to teams working on corporate partnerships & philanthropy giving, as needed.
• Contribute to the development of the Alliance culture.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interview date: 11th January 2019
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.
Due to the application of UK immigration rules, we unfortunately cannot sponsor this position for anyone who do not have the right to work in the UK.