Senior Advisor: Fundraising Proposition
Imagine starting a job with a bold new brand, a bold new fundraising strategy, and a courageous bunch of senior managers and trustees backing you from day one. This is exactly it. This is a uniquely exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. We are about to launch a new brand in February and are building a brand new fundraising team with masses of ambition and vision. We are seeking an experienced fundraising proposition specialist to ensure we build irresistible cases for support and propositions for major funders (HNWIs, Trusts and Foundations, Corporates).
In this role you will be providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team player with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and will challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Utilise technical expertise, act as a conduit between the programmes and the fundraising team to identify new opportunities for securing support and actively develop and spearhead funding propositions that cut across thematic areas, teams and functions.
• Work closely with both programmes and advocacy colleagues to ensure there is a shared understanding of donors’ needs and ambitions.
• Work with programmes and fundraising colleagues in order to translate complex technical language and concepts into donor friendly proposals alongside marketing materials and donor reports.
• Collect, store and systematise information about projects and other areas of Alliance’s work including case studies, statistics, quotes, videos.
• Train and mentor colleagues to develop a shared understanding of propositions, cases for support and donors needs and ambitions.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.