Lead: Philanthropy, LGBT Rights
Imagine starting a job with a bold new brand, a bold new fundraising strategy, a compelling and emotive case for support and a courageous bunch of senior managers and trustees backing you from day one. This is exactly it. This is a uniquely exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. We are about to launch a new brand in February and are building a brand new fundraising team with masses of ambition and vision. We are seeking an outstanding Philanthropy professional to develop a high performing Philanthropy programme, with a focus on building deep long term relationships with a variety of funders (Trusts and foundations and HNWIs) who hold an interest in LGBT Rights.
This post will develop and implement a long term major giving strategy, building the right mechanisms to attract new funders. We are seeking a first class relationship manager with experience of building a philanthropy strategy.
In this role you will be providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a first class relationship manager with experience of building a philanthropy strategy.
You are an exceptionally driven fundraiser have significant experience of winning support from trusts and foundations and major donors.
You are a committed team player with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and will challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Responsible for developing and implementing a long term major giving strategy in conjunction with the Head: New Markets.
• This includes building profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with HNWIs (high net worth individuals) and grant making trusts and foundations with an interest in LGBT rights.
• Develop a strategy to deepen relationships with existing donors.
• Work closely with senior management, trustees and colleagues in programmes, advocacy, policy and other functions to ensure partnership opportunities are maximised and donors experience is of the highest quality.
• Develop, manage and maintain relationships with internal and external partners with an interest in LGBT rights.
• Responsible for the line management of the Proposition Development Senior Advisor and accountable for delivery of new funding propositions for the whole of the private sector fundraising team.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.