Lead: Programmes (PMU based in Lebanon)
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance (the Alliance) is soon to begin an exciting new three-year program (2019-2021) in the Middle East and North Africa region, which will increase sustainability of HIV services for key populations. Funded by a $7.5m grant from The Global Fund, this program will be implemented in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia by eight sub recipients/partners (one per country and three operating at regional level).
As the Principal Recipient of this grant, the Alliance is establishing a Program Management Unit (PMU) in Beirut, Lebanon which will be led by Lead: Programmes. The right candidate for this high profile grant will have a balance of technical knowledge, programme management skills to ensure strong delivery and leadership skills to deliver through others.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are an inspirational manager who inspires genuine enthusiasm and passion in others, by bringing the Alliance’s strategy to life. You act as a role model, creating an environment of openness and trust, and celebrates the successes of others. You are committed to fostering a high performance culture, and will delegate thoughtfully to give colleagues real accountability and authority. You are comfortable managing in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Be responsible for the grant start up and operational implementation and closure of the Global Fund grant programme, including budget management, coordination and delivery of programme activities, processes and partners.
• Ensures good communication, coordination and collaboration within the PMU, with the Alliance secretariat grant focal team, and with programme partners.
• Applies a risk management/ mitigation approach to programme delivery and ensures that all donor compliance requirements and agreed targets for spend, deliverables, and impacts are met.
• Applies strong financial management skills across all areas of the programme.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
Interviews: Week commencing 19th November 2018
Benefits will include:
• 33 day holidays (including bank holidays), increasing by one day per service up to a max of 38 days.
• Private healthcare for employee (and dependants). The Alliance contributes 90% of the cost, the employee 10%.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.