Advisor: Financial Management Support (SRHR Umbrella Programme)
Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
We are seeking an experienced Advisor: Financial Management Support who has solid accounting experience to provide day to day work, support and monitoring of a sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) programme within an International HIV Aids linking organisation, CHAU.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. In this role you will be providing a finance advisor service which will enable the Alliance to fulfil its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
- Coordinate, support and monitor the financial management of a SRHR programme within one of the Alliance’s linking organisations (CHAU – which is located in Uganda)
- Support key stakeholders in the critical review of overall performance within the programme
Oversee the preparation of financial reports
- Coordinate and support in the due diligence process and grant audits for any active donor programme, as required
- Provide financial oversight of implementing partners, undertaking financial monitoring and capacity building visits when needed
- Work closely with the Lead and Advisor Programmes, ensure that CHAU is appropriately managing implementing partners and exercising appropriate financial oversight
- Ensure the relevant stakeholders in CHAU are building their financial knowledge and creating robust processes through their interactions with the post holder to ensure sound financial management going forward.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews are anticipated to be 26th – 30th April 2018
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.