Support Officer: Global Technical Assistance (6 month FTC)
Interviews: 05 and 07 March 2018
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance works with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights. Our vision is a world without AIDS. Since 1994, the Alliance and its partners have supported over 3,000 projects, in over 40 countries, reaching
We are seeking an experienced and driven Support Officer to join a dedicated and growing team supporting the development and delivery of the Alliance’s Global Technical Assistance strategy.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The organisation is implementing a significant change programme and in these roles you will be fundamental to the success of this programme, providing contract delivery and implementation services which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You will provide support to the Global Technical Assistance team:
- Support the development and delivery of the Alliance’s Global Technical Assistance strategy for institutional and non-institutional income, through the provision of support for specific cluster projects.
- Support research and development activities, for example for content development, knowledge management, events and presentations;
- Logistical preparation of meetings and events, and minute taking/report writing;
- Support in coordination of proposal development and; editing and formatting of documents and in order that they meet Alliance editorial standards;
- Budget monitoring and analysis, variance analysis of actual and budgeted expenditure, as well as supporting the preparation of proposal budgets and budget narratives;
- Relationship management of Alliance Technical Assistance consultants and maintenance of Alliance consultants’ database
- Stakeholder engagement with Alliance donors, partner organisations and external agencies.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.